to the following Students who will represent Hayfield at the
District 10 All District Band Event.
To: Hayfield All District Band Students
RE: All District Band Weekend
Clinicians Wind Ensemble – Dr. Scott Boerma
Symphonic Band – Mr. Scott Rikkers
Middle School Band – Ms. Linda Gammon
Dates & Times February 1-3, 2018
Thursday – 5:00pm-7:00pm, All percussionists
7:00pm - 9:00 pm Reading session for all bands
Friday - 8:30am - 12:00pm Rehearsal
1:00pm – 4:30pm Rehearsal
Breaks at the discretion of the clinicians
Saturday - 8:30am – 11:30 noon Rehearsal
11:30am- 12:00 pm lunch
12:00pm-12:30pm dress for concert
Middle Symphonic Band warm-up -12:30pm
Symphonic Band warm-up – 1:00pm
Wind Ensemble warm-up – 1:30pm
Site Hayfield Secondary School
Fee $ 35.00 per student.
* Please make one check to Hayfield Secondary School*
Concert Dress High and Middle school students should wear their school band
uniform or "Sunday best" at their director’s approval.
Meals Friday: You can either bring your own or purchase a lunch from
The Hayfield Band Boosters.
Saturday: You can bag lunch or purchase pizza & snack
food from the Hayfield Band Boosters.
Snack food and drinks will be sold during
Medals Medals will be given out to each Participant at the concert.
District Ten All-District Auditions
January 20th, 2018
- The address of West Potomac is 6500 Quander Road, Alexandria, VA 22307.
- Student registration for all wind players will be held in the main lobby of the Quander building. If you are being dropped off, enter at Entrance 1. If you are driving, park on the back lot (past the football field) and enter at Entrance 5. There will be signs to direct you.
- Student registration for all percussionists will be held in the Springbank building lobby, Entrance 1A.
- Students must arrive no later than 30 minutes before their scheduled time block. West Potomac is giving the ACT; parking will be an issue. Please allow time to park.
- Students are not to play instruments in any area except the designated warm-up rooms and the audition room. Wind and Brass players are warming up in the cafeteria. Percussion are in the Auditorium.
- Parents are not permitted in any areas beyond registration.
- No electronic devices are permitted in the audition room (cell phone, tuner, metronome, etc.)
- All audition rooms will have a student runner.
- Students MUST keep their audition registration sheet with them to show the runner as they enter the audition room.
- All auditions will be “blind” – the student and judges will not be able to see each other in order to maintain anonymity. Students may NOT speak to the judges. If there is a problem, leave the audition room and speak to the room runner. Students who speak to the judges will have to re-register and be assigned a new audition number or be disqualified.
- Wind auditions will consist of a prepared selection, scales, and sight reading.
- Major and chromatic scales should be performed at the range, tempo, and articulation indicated on the scale sheets.
- All scales MUST BE MEMORIZED. Students may not take scale sheets into the audition room.
- Students are allowed to bring only their instrument and music to the audition room. Percussionists must bring their own sticks/mallets.
- Percussion auditions will consist of scales, rudiments, concert and long roll, and sight reading.
- A standard concert snare will be provided. Students auditioning on snare drum may bring their own snare drum for the audition if they so desire.
- The keyboard instrument for the audition is a 3 ½ octave xylophone. Mallets WILL NOT be provided nor loaned.
- Four Timpani will be available. Mallets WILL NOT be provided nor loaned.
- Unofficial results will be posted as soon as they are available on the doors at entrance 1. Semi-Official results will be emailed to each participating director the week following the auditions.
- Light concessions will be available from the West Potomac Band Boosters in the main lobby.
- Unofficial results will be posted at www.vbodad10.org after the completion of the audition process.
Official audition times will be posted here
Meyer Tyler 11:00-11:30
Lopez Andrew 1:30-2:00
Burnell Matthew 11:00-11:30
Allen Tahara 12:30-1:00
Azimi Nazanin 11:30-12:00
Benning Jada 10:30-11:00
Bergen-Hill Sydney 1100-1130
Brent Emme 11:30-12:00
Bulmer Luke 12:30-1:00
Burgos Mia 10:00-1030
Burgos Giomar 10:00-10:30
Burnell Eric 10:00-10:30
Chamountry Jonathan 1:30-2:00
Clothier Nathaniel 10:30-11:00
Cloud Patrick 10:00-1030
Eliff KatieLynn 10:30-11:00
Ellerbe Lela 11:00-11:30
Emma Codd 1:30-2:00
Fitzsimmons Matthew 11:30-1200
Foss Torie 2:00-2:30
Freeman Koryn 1:30-2:00
Gandour Ryan 12:30-1:00
Goggin Caitlyn 10:30-11:00
Good Scott 1:00-11:30
Graziano Nick 11:30-1200
Guzman Ryan 11:30-12:00
Hamilton Andrew 1:00-1:30
Hodges Julia 2:00-2:30
Hughes Madison 2:30-3:00
Ilma Sabrina 3:00-3:30
Jurasits Thomas 2:30-3:00
Kochanowski Cole 12:30-1:00
Larsen Joseph 1:00-1:30
Latham Brianna 2:00-2:30
Manson Deharty 10:00-10:30
McCabe Jasmine 11:00-11:30
McCabe Acacia 10:30-11:00
Mika Marjorie 1:00-1:30
Murphy Collin 11:30-12:00
Musser Grace 12:30-1:00
Nguyen Taylor 12:30-1:00
Phatthanaphuti Sela 12:30-1:00
Pilone Vincent 1:30-2:00
Proctor Alana 3:00-3:30
Proctor Lauren 2:00-2:30
Riley Michael 1:00-1:30
Rivera Valerie 1:00-1:30
Rutledge Michelle 11:30-1200
Shelton Marc 10:30-11:00
Sheng Jennifer 11:30-1200
Short Colin 11:00-11:30
Silano Olivia 10:30-11:00
Sindeh ThomasMarie 12:30-1:00
Stolpe Charles 10:00-10:30
Stolpe Charles 2:00-2:30
Supangklang Saijai 1:00-1:30
Szymczak Alejandro 11:30-12:00
Tepe Alyssa 2:30-3:00
Tirado Gabriel 10:00-1030
Toomer David 12:30-1:00
Trent Khaila 1:30-2:00
Tyeryar Benjamin 10:30-11:00
Ueling Eric 1:00-1:30
Villarroel Gabriel 2:00-2:30
Walker Gabriela 10:30-11:00
Warden Samuel 2:30-3:00
Warnock Alyssa 3:00-3:30
White Alexandria 1130-1200
Wilsey Sarah 1030-1100
Woldemichael Angel 3:00-3:30
Wong Alexandra 1130-1200
Yohannes Sophanit 1030-1100